Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Let's Have An Environmental Friendly Club in JB!

I was quite disappointed for failing to find a relevant activity on the Earth Day in JB this year. Since then, I have been asking around where to find an organization that educates public on issues related to conserving natural resources in JB. A few months had passed and I only found a voluntary organization that conducts recycle activity on the first week of each month at different schools or centres. Of course, there are Karang Guni who go street by street to purchase the unwanted newspapers and electronic devices from the residential areas.

On last Thursday, I received a phone call from a boss of an organic shop in town. He learnt about my desire to initiate a voluntary environmental friendly club through a friend of mine and wondered if I am interested to start the club with him. He shared about his idea briefly in the phone and it was fantastic. He suggested that we can teach public to grow some plants using organic farming at our own residential area and make our own natural fertilizers from our kitchen and garden. What's a great idea!

No comments: