Monday, July 21, 2008

A Must-watch Inspiring Movie!

I received a nice gift from my brother a few days ago. He bought me a DVD in big Chinese title 《深夜加油站 遇见苏格拉底》. If it is translated in English, it will sound like this. Bumping into Socrates at a fuel station at midnight. When I played the DVD, I realized that it is a Hollywood movie and to my surprise, it is the movie that my study group fellows highly recommended last week. It is Peaceful Warrior! If you haven't watched this movie, you have to watch it. It is indeed an inspiring movie!

The movie is about a gymnist working very hard to be qualified to represent US to take part in Olympic Games; however, he was injured badly in an accident prior to the big day. Interestingly, an old man had appeared in his dream and later appeared at the gas station near his place. The structure of the movie is simple but the meaning behind the story is philosophical, powerful and spiritual! A must-watch movie!

No comments: